Who we are
Our website address is: https://openous.org.
Last update: 2 December 2019
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
For looking after and improving its website (www.openous.org) and including Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be discovered, with as legal basis the legitimate interests of Openous in continuously improving its website and provision of services.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use contact forms in order the user get in touch with us. We only use the email addresses to answer and have contact with the users.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
See Cookies Policy.
When filling in the contact form on our website we collect:
- Email address,
- Your message,
in order to be able to provide you the requested services, with as legal basis your prior explicit consent.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
To understand how people, use our website, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way.
You are not obliged to release your personal data, but you do understand that the granting of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse the processing.
Who we share your data with
Openous will never pass on your personal data to third parties, with the exception of technical service providers who handle technical support in so far as this is necessary for the technical provision of services and/or if they are obliged to do so on the basis of a statutory provision or a judicial ruling. Openous shall make reasonable attempts to inform you in advance of the fact that Openous discloses your data to named third parties, but you also acknowledge that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
Openous will not sell your personal data, rent them out, share them or otherwise make them commercially available to third parties, except as described above or unless with your prior consent.
How long we retain your data
The personal data are kept and processed by us for a period that is necessary as a function of the purposes of the processing and as a function of the contractual relationship between Openous and you:
- IP address: for the duration of your visit to the Website;
- Name and surname, email address, subject, your message: for the duration of the requested delivery of services.
The aforementioned personal data are in any case kept in accordance with the specific statutory provisions, as well as the prescription periods that oblige us to maintain your personal data for a longer period, e.g. in order to defend ourselves against an action at law.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- Right of access and inspection: You have the right – at any time, free of charge – to take cognisance of your personal data, as well as of the use that Openous is making of your personal data.
- Right of correction, deletion and restriction: You are free to communicate your personal data, or not, to Openous. In addition, you always have the right to ask us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that, in case of refusal to communicate or request for deletion of personal data, certain services and products are not deliverable. You may also ask to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of opposition: You also have a right of opposition against the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of personal data for purposes of direct marketing; in such a case, you do not have to give any reasons.
- Right of free data transfer: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data that are processed by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form and/or to transfer them to other controllers.
- Right to withdraw consent: In so far as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Exercising your rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us for this purpose by post to Openous – Odysseos 1, Thessaloniki 54627, Greece, subject to joining a copy of your identity card.
- Automatic decisions and profiling: The processing of your Personal Data does not include any profiling, nor will you be subject by us to automated decisions.
- Right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
- We have developed security measures that are appropriate on the technical and organisational levels to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorised access or accidental disclosure to third parties of collected personal data as well as any other unauthorised processing of these data.
- Under no circumstances can Openous be held liable for any direct or indirect harm deriving from an erroneous or wrongful use by a third party of the personal data. Openous have ensured that when they call upon third parties for the processing of personal data, these third parties shall be bound by the same rules.
- You must at all times observe the security rules, including by preventing any unauthorised access to your devices. You are thus solely responsible for the use that is made as of the website from your computer, IP address and from your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Access by third parties
- In order to be able to process your personal data, we might grant access to your personal data to some of our members or/and employees in charge of specific tasks/actions.
- List of data sub-processors:
Declaration to the Data Protection Authority
A declaration was made to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. You can always contact this Commission at the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority Offices – Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece | Call Centre: +30-210 6475600 | Fax +30-210 6475628 |
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for this processing of personal data.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent out by the servers of Google Analytics and WordPress and installed on the hard disk of your computer. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by us and only during the duration of the visit to the Website.
The Website uses exclusively the following cookies:
|Name||Function – Description|
|WordPress Cookie||WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so most of the people it is not to set at all. User data is all anonymous.|
|Google Analytics Cookie||To understand how people, use our website, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way.|
|Social Media Cookie||Are used to offer social media modules on a website, such as Facebook like button, Twitter Follow and other social media pages.|
10.4. Your consent:
You can refuse or block cookies by changing the configuration parameters of your navigation system. Switching off cookies can mean that you can no longer make use of certain functionalities of the Website. Should you have further questions or comments with regard to the processing of your personal data, don´t hesitate to contact us by post to Openous – Odysseos 1, Thessaloniki 54627, Greece.
You can also find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can find more information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Applicable law and competent court